Dressmaker - Bespoke Seamstress / Patternmaker
Cargie Threads is a boutique dressmaking business that creates custom quality hand made garments, furnishings and costumes.
Our studio is based in Concord West with a variety of private and corporate clients. We’ve grown quickly through referrals and repeat business, since establishment in 2016. We take on a very wide scope of projects for clients we adore working with!
These projects vary as broadly as our clients, from one off couture dresses, suit design and bespoke tailoring, complete sample lines for other designers, pattern design & grading, small runs, alterations, vintage fabric sourcing, textile design, styling, up cycling, upholstery, furnishings, sewing tuition and costuming.
We're seeking a fabulous Dressmaker to join the team right now!!
Cargie Threads is seeking a talented dressmaker with full garment construction knowledge, confident pattern making skills, is interested in working in a small, team environment in a growing entrepreneurial business
To be the person we’re looking for you must be a fast paced go-getter, be passionate about delighting clients, love to design and be a sewing geanie.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Relevant qualifications in fashion, textiles, pattern making or design (preferred but not essential with demonstrated experience and skills)
- Substantial experience designing and constructing a variety of garments
- Thorough technical knowledge of fabric and garment construction, soft furnishings, accessories & costuming
- Strong machine sewing skills, proficient with various machines & finishes
- Exhibit strong design aesthetic: confident creating design concepts from client briefings, translate creative designs into detailed patterns according to clients measurements
- Assist with creation of garment and fabric specifications
- Ability to source, price and select materials to meet design specifications
- Intermediate computing skills
- A current NSW drivers license
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving and personal skill development
- Possess high attention to detail and exceptionally high quality standards
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and flexibility to prioritise and multitask in a small team environment in order to meet deadlines
- Be physically able to assist with moving, lifting & cutting tasks in the studio and have normal colour vision
- Most importantly you must be positive, demonstrate excellent communication skills and comfortably manage a variety of suppliers and clients.
- The successful candidate will be required to successfully pass a medical & criminal check
For the right candidate we can offer;
- Excellent financial package
- Flexible work environment and hours, option to work from home
- Continually varied projects and tasks
- Experienced, professional & passionate employer who works in the business full time
- Dedicated professional mentoring and training, opportunity to progress as the business grows (this is a new role directly linked to business growth)
- Onsite parking and close to good public transport
To apply email your cv & covering letter to Julie Dignam at firstname.lastname@example.org